The End: The Conclusion

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

| | |
Purpose
I had a very good conversation with my husband the other night. I don’t remember exactly how we got on the subject (I should have written about it the next day), but we talked a bit about death, and leaving the other person behind. That’s a scary thought. I don’t like the idea of being left alone, without my husband whom I love to completely. I don’t like the idea of having to start over, learn to be self-sufficient without the conveniences of having a life partner. And usually we shy away from discussing death with each other, but this time we talked it out.

My husband spoke about how he is afraid of death for that very reason. He is afraid of leaving me behind. He wants me to be taken care of, and even more than that he wants to be the person that provides for and takes care of me. But what I said surprised even me. Ever since I started this blog, I have been haunted by the subject. I haven’t experienced the passing of a close loved one, nor do I want to. So, I have had confusing thoughts about the subject in general.

I said to him that God has determined a purpose for his life. God has set out a path for him, a mission for the betterment of the Kingdom. As long as he is following in what God has for him, he will not be cast off in death.

We finished up our conversation, and I walked down the hall, astounded at what I had just said. I had never had such a clear conclusion about what death is. I had spent so much time wondering about because I don’t know what it is, sitting in fear of it, and then all of a sudden with great conviction I spoke those words.

I am convinced that those words are not mine. I have spent so much time thinking about it, and it was with no thought at all that I responded to his fear. I know that it was the Spirit speaking through me. But since that day, I know this unequivocally. God has set out a purpose for you, and the Bible states that death has no power. God has claimed victory. Death should not be feared, for it will not occur until you have fulfilled the purpose that has been given to your life.

-SP

1 comments:

Christine said...

So very true. Hallelujah and Amen!
I missed your blogs!!!!! <3

Post a Comment