Relaxation Mode

Monday, December 27, 2010

| | |
I love days like today. I am sitting in comfy clothes in my living room, going over the tunes for a wedding gig tonight and planning what to wear. I like these moments in life, where I get to sit back and relax for the morning and early afternoon and then go to 'work' in the evening doing something that I absolutely love with people I love to be around. I am also excited that my husband and I have been getting a lot more opportunities to play together. That puts it over the top for me. Neither of us need to sit on the sidelines, we get to share in this awesome experience together. There is no greater thing for me right now.


I am becoming more excited about life in general lately, especially in the past couple weeks. I feel light and free. Life has been eventful and busy, being that the Christmas season has just ended. And personally it's been a struggle at times, with the definite end of an unhealthy relationship. Also, this is the first Christmas that I haven't spent with my family, and the circumstances under which I needed to miss out on seeing them is far from desirable. But life is good and blessed. I am a lucky woman who knows now what it is to be valued and loved by dear friends and a healthy family. It's a shame that it took 22 years, but I know it now, and I will never ever let go.


His and hers pedicures. Oh, to be on vacation again
I have laid awake in bed for a few nights now, reliving some of the key moments of this year. I have been thinking about what to write about, how to summarize 2010. And I'm not quite sure yet how to describe the past twelve months, so I will leave those musings for another time. Perhaps after my holiday hiatus, when life is a little bit more normal and scheduled and I am forced out of relaxation mode. 


For now, I will sip my Starbucks, finish learning some tunes, and maybe take a nice, relaxing, mid-day bath. I could get used to this.


-SP

0 comments:

Post a Comment