Update

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

| | |
I suppose that I ususally write about more personal and vulnerable things that I am about to. But my life right now is at rest. My mind is racing, and grasping at clarity in some areas, but in most others my spirit is quiet and still. Come this time tomorrow, it might change and I might be all over the place, trying to find balance and insight. That is usually what happens. But for now, I must enjoy the serenity.

It is cold here, but without wind. That is a great thing, especially since we are so close to the Rockies. I can handle the cold. I would even venture to say that I don't mind it most of the time. It's the wind that makes it unbearable.

Yesterday, I tried Hot Yoga for the first time. It was an interesting, roller coaster experience. I was feeling under the weather yesterday, so I hadn't eaten too much but remained as hydrated as possible. I knew that it would be a shock to my system, as I quite like room temperature and anything more than that tends to make me lethargic and uncomfortable. Being in a room that is 40.5 degrees Celsius took a minute to get used to. I hadn't done much at all for physical activity in the past couple years, except for the times that I would go to the gym, so when I started doing the poses my muscles fatigued quickly. I was so faint at one point, the instructor came over and helped me sit down. I was that girl, but apparently it happens often, so I don't feel so bad. 
Fooood...


By the end of the class, I felt relaxed. It was good. I came home, had some vitamin C and a lukewarm shower and then had a really great sleep. I was hoping to go again tonight, but my muscles are sore so I don't know if I should go or if I should give myself a night to recover. I guess we'll see in an hour or so. But I'm excited! Yoga body, here I come!


Work was tiring today. It felt like I was being pulled in a million directions at one time, and I didn't get so much as a lunch break until 2:30. I used it to get Starbucks, before coming back to work, heating up my lunch, and working while stuffing my face. Delightful. I am glad for the busyness, but I am exhausted tonight. 


Tonight, I need to learn some songs and go to wing night with my hubby. Rips has the greatest wings. I am excited to gobble them up.


-SP

1 comments:

Ashalee said...

Hey, someone has to have a normal life and everything going swell right? Why not you?

Post a Comment